Pallars Jussà, Pyrenees
The origins of Casa Churchill date from 1670, as it appears on the door lintel of the house. The cobbled street that leads to Casa Churchill reminds us that we are in the village of Claverol, one of the most important ones in the ancient Pallars Jussà (as evidencend by the existence of the watchtower), even if, nowadays, it has only 25 inhabitants.
Since its rehabilitation in 2006, the house offers maximum comfort and very good services, keeping the warmth of its origins, to provide a cozy and peaceful stay to enjoy the wonderful surroundings.
Don't miss the views from our terrace and take a relaxing bath in the heated swimming pool!
Casa Churchill has 6 rooms: 4 double rooms, 1 triple room and 1 quadruple room, all of them equipped with private bathroom and TV. 5 of them have views of the landscape of San Antoniswamp and the rocks of Pessonada.
- A reading room with a large library
- An games room with board games, TV, Wii console, movies, mini-bar, coffee maker and fireplace
- Indoor heated pool with hydromassage
- Terrace with solarium (with views over the Sant Antoni swamp)
- Dining room with fireplace and tables for ctwo people or for groups
- Breakfast included
- Dinner service (homemade cooking with local and seasonal products)
- Picnic service on request
- Bathrobe and slippers service to access the pool
- Indoor hydromassage and heated pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cot available
- Tourist information. Our guests have special discounts and services if they hire some of the touristic professionals of the region
- Local products sale
- Hiking routes, summits ascents, lakes
- Visits to natural surroundings: Serra de Boumort, Vall Fosca, National Park of Sant Maurici i Aigüestortes, Natural Park of the Alt Pirineu, Mont Rebei Canyon and others
- Hiking trail El Cinauè Llac (The Fifth Lake, walk through the magical Pyrenees)
- Activities in the Sant Antoni swamp (kayaks, beach, pedal skates, water skiing)
- Release fishing in the swamps of Sant Antoni and Camarasa and in the rivers of the Pyrenees
- Rafting, canyoning, rafting in Noguera Pallaresa with qualified monitors
- Horse riding
- BTT routes and trails with electric bicycles (different circuits and difficulty levels)
- 4x4 trails (Serra de Boumort)
- Museums: Capdella Hydroelectric Museum, Conca Della Cretaceous Museum, Salas de Pallars Museum Stores, Museum of Butterflies of Catalonia in Sort, Epicenter of Tremp.
- Visits to wineries of Vilacorona, Castell d'Encús, Miquel Roca
- Visits to the Castles of Mur and Llordà
- Night or daytime visits to the Montsec Astronomical Park (PAM)
- Night and sky photography studio (with reservation and a minimum of attendees, according to scheduled dates)
- Port Ainé, Boí Taüll, Baqueira Beret ad Espot ski resorts
- Circular itinerary in Terreta (valley of vultures)
- Mushroom picking
- Parc de les Olors (Scents Park) in Claverol
- Serra de Boumort, Sant Antoni Swamp, Vall Fosca, Montcortés Lake.
- Alt Pirineu Natural Park, Sant Maurici i Aigüestortes National Park.
- Mont Rebei Canyon, Montsec Astronomical Park, Castle and Collegiate Church of Mur, Castle of LLordà, charming villages (Rivert, Peramea, Abella de la Conca), Chuch of Santa Maria de Covet, Monastery of Santa Maria de Gerri de la Sal, church of Mare de Deu d'Arboló, church of Santa Maria de Llimiana, Romanesque churches of Vall de Boí,
- Port Ainé ski resort
Once in La Pobla de Segur, you will find a roundabout, then continue straight ahead towards the centre. Pass the bridge and take the road that goes to the right. Follow straight ahead (you will pass a second roundabout) and continue towards Aramunt. About 500 meters away you will find the road leading up to Claverol on the left. When arriving to our town, go up the ramp that you will find at the entrance and leave the vehicle in the square. At 50 meters you will find us following the signboards.