We are a family of Claverol, in the Pallars Jussà. For generations, we have been dedicated to beekeeping and agriculture of Mediterranean crops: olive trees, almonds, products of the orchard and now also aromatic and medicinal plants.
In 1987, we decided to share these two passions by opening our house guests, so we have opened the restaurant Cal Portalé. Later, in 1990, we have also opened the farmhouse, which weoffers you as a rural accomodation.
- 2 double or triple rooms with bathroom and private terrace with panoramic views of the region
- Services in room: Double bed 180x180 cm, seating area with chaise longue, TV, individual heating and air conditioning
- Communal living room with fireplace, TV and library
- Communal terrace
Gastronomy: the restaurants of the region, such as Cal Portalé de Claverol, among others, offer Catalan and traditional mountain cuisine, elaborated with homemade and local products.
Activities proposed by the owners:
- Visit to the Parc de les Olors (Secents Park) of Claverol (cultivation of aromatic and medicinal plants).
- Visit to the olive and almond crops.
- Visit to beekeeping farm.
Sportive activities in the region:
You can practice different sports while discovering spectacular places.
- Hiking: the region offers more than 50 different routes. We offer you guided tours at very affordable prices.
- BTT routes: 9 routes of different difficulties with a total of 270 km signposted. There is the possibility to rent mountain bikes in La Pobla de Segur.
- 4x4 routes: 8 different itineraries in the region. There is the possibility of hiring a 4x4 guide.
- Climbing: 2 spots to practice this sport (Terradets and Collegats).
- Riding, water activities, etc.
The region offers a wide range of cultural proposals.
Museums: Espai Raier, Center for the interpretation of old commerce, etc.
Border castles: 20 conserved watchtowers (they were used to communicate with the troops and horsemen of the different castles like Mur or Llordà).
Religious and civil architecture.
Visits to different wineries of the region, such as Castell d'Encús, Vilacorona, Batlliu de Sort or Mas Garcia Muret.
- Sant Aleix Hermitage is located on the hill of Claverol, from where you can enjoy exceptional views of the region (this tour is highly recommended. At only 15 minutes walking from the village).
- La Serra de Boumort, where every year during September and the middle of October you can hear the roar of deer. All the year long, you can enjoy a very diverse landscape and fauna. It is the only place in Catalonia in where you can see the 4 different species of existing vultures.
- Aigüestortes National Park
- Lakes of Sant Maurici
Claverol is located on the left bank of Noguera Pallaressa river, on a hill that dominates much of the region. You have to reach Pobla de Segur, pass the bridge that crosses the river Flamisell, turn right and follow the directions.
- The train line goes through places with spectacular landscapes.
- Tren dels Llacs (Lakes Train): www.trendelsllacs.cat
- Conventional line: www.renfe.com
- Regular line: www.alsa.es