Pallars Jussà, Pyrenees
Casa Churchill has origins dating back to the year 1670, as seen in the inscription over the doorway. As we walk along the cobbled street that leads to Casa Churchill, we are reminded that we are in the village of Claverol. Currently numbering just 25 inhabitants, Claverol was once one of the most important villages in the Pallars Jussà.
Renovated in 2006, Casa Churchill oozes warmth and tradition and is equipped with all the latest comforts. We invite you to make yourself at home and enjoy the breathtaking surroundings.
While you're here, why not drink in the views from the terrace or have a relaxing soak in the heated swimming pool?
Casa Churchill has 6 rooms: 4 double rooms, 1 triple room and 1 quadruple room, all of them equipped with a private bathroom and TV. Five rooms have views of the Sant Antoni reservoir and the cliffs of Pessonada.
- Reading room with a generous selection of books
- Entertainment room with board games, TV, Wii console, movies, minibar, coffee machine and fireplace
- Indoor heated pool with hydromassage
- Terrace with solarium and views of the Sant Antoni reservoir
- Dining room with fireplace, tables for two people or for groups
- Breakfast included
- Dinner service (homemade cuisine with local and seasonal products)
- Picnic service on request
- Bathrobe and slippers provided for the pool
- Heated indoor swimming pool and hydromassage
- Free Wi-Fi
- Crib available on request
- Tourist information service for local activities
- Local products available for purchase
- Hiking routes, summit ascents and lakes
- Visits to natural places of interest: Serra de Boumort, Vall Fosca, National Park of Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici, Alt Pirineu Natural Park, Mont Rebei Gorge and others
- Hiking trail El Cinquè Llac (The Fifth Lake, walk through the magical Pyrenees)
- Activities in the Sant Antoni Reservoir (kayaking, beach, paddle boats, waterskiing)
- Catch-and-release fishing in the Sant Antoni and Camarasa reservoirs, and in the rivers of the Pyrenees
- Rafting, canyoning and whitewater rafting with qualified guides in the Noguera Pallaresa
- Mountain biking and electric bicycle routes of varying difficulty levels
- 4x4 trails (Serra de Boumort)
- Museums: Capdella Hydroelectric Museum, Cretaceous Park at the Conca Dellà Museum, Salas de Pallars Museum Shops, Museum of Butterflies of Catalonia in Sort, Epicentre of Tremp
- Visits to wineries of Vilacorona, Castell d'Encús and Miquel Roca
- Visits to the Mur Castle and Llordà Castle
- Nighttime or daytime visits to the Montsec Observatory (Parc Astronòmic del Montsec, P.A.M.)
- Night and sky photography studio (reservation required, minimum number of attendees)
- Port Ainé, Boí Taüll, Baqueira Beret and Espot ski resorts
- Circular itinerary in Terreta (Valley of the Vultures)
- Mushroom picking
- Parc de les Olors (Touch and Smell Garden) in Claverol
- Serra de Boumort, Sant Antoni Reservoir, Vall Fosca, Montcortès Lake
- Alt Pirineu Natural Park, Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici National Park
- Mont Rebei Gorge, Montsec Observatory, Castle and Collegiate Church of Mur, Llordà Castle, charming villages (Rivert, Peramea, Abella de la Conca), Church of Santa Maria de Covet, Monastery of Santa Maria de Gerri de la Sal, Church of Mare de Deu d'Arboló, church of Santa Maria de Llimiana, Romanesque churches of Vall de Boí
- Port Ainé ski resort
Arriving at the roundabout in La Pobla de Segur, continue straight ahead towards the centre. Pass the bridge and take the road that goes to the right. Keep going straight (you will pass a second roundabout) toward Aramunt. About 500 metres away, you will see the road leading up to Claverol on the left. Go up the ramp that you will find at the entrance to the town, and leave your vehicle in the square. Follow the signage and you will find us about 50 metres away.